Monday, October 16, 2006

Shots Didn't Take

Here's a little update on my migraine situation. As you already know, the neuroligist that I've had for several years finally convinced me to go with the Botox shots treatment. When I did, I had wonderful, wonderful results. We even accomplished the "less than 10-a-month" goal for the first time in over two and a half years! It's been so fantastic having days and nights, and good health returned to me.

My Dr recently moved out of state and all his patients were transfered to a differnt neuroligist. This new doctor has been in practise many years and comes with a fantastic reputation. Although she has done Botox shot treatments for other ailments within her practise, she's having to learn the injection methods for migraines now. She received her training directly from my usual neuroligist.

I met with the new doctor and developed a good repor immediately. Wahoo! That makes such a difference when it comes to ones healthcare! So she did the procedure this last time. Unfortunately the shots haven't worked at all this go around. I'm assuming it's because her method was slightly different than the neuroligist before her. I've been back to the old routine of more frequent headaches with higher severity and they are more difficult to manage... again.

Ugh! Is my word for the day. I so hate when stuff like this happens! Because I can have the treatments only once every 3 months, I can't go for the next set of shots until late November. I'm not looking forward to the holiday season this go around, because I know the pain free days will be hit-and-miss again this year.

Darn! -- Just when I thought things were great!

No comments: