Friday, February 09, 2007

Requesting Your Help with a Study

I am conducting a study about art in general and the views of today's creative souls. It is for both personal and professional reasons that I'm doing this. To collect the information needed, I'll be asking a series of art-related questions to members across several online communities that I participate in, and folks who read my blogs too.

With this first go around, I'd love to hear your thoughts about:

Defining Art: It seems when developing a definition for the word "art" there are as many diverse opinions and answers as when coming up with a definition for love. I'm curious to see how the talented people of this community define "art." I don't want you to go to the dictionary or any other source to pull up a definition and quote it. What I'm looking for is how you, personally, define art. If it helps you to do so though, feel free to add your comments in "dictionary style." In other words, use syntax similar to how many dictionaries are laid out: Write the word "Art", followed by a definition (in your own words). Then use it in a sentence. This, of course, isn't necessary. Free form thoughts are welcomed!

Please Note: If you choose to add your input to this message string, you are giving me permission to use your comments in my study documentation. For the most part, credits will be given in general terms (i.e. "a member of the So-and-So online community expressed, "this, that, and the other.") Please do not add your comments, if you wish NOT to have your words repeated in the study. In some cases I may be contacting you for permission to use your real name, pen name, or online username. If this should happen, you are welcome to say no and I will totally respect your wishes!

Jump to my New Blog to give your response!

No comments: